Report your outage, view the up-to-date outage map, and pay your bill all with the touch of a finger. Download the free SMECO 24/7 app for your smart phone or mobile device.
New Options for Paying by Text:
You can now use texting to pay your bill immediately or on the due date, and you can choose the amount that you want to pay. Simply use the PAY command. If you’re new to paying by text, you need to sign into Account Manager and click Text to Pay Wallet. If you don’t already use Account Manager, register your SMECO account with the service.
New Option for Past-Due Notices:
You can now receive a text notice if you receive a past-due notice. (You will continue to receive past-due notices by mail.)
If you’re already registered to receive SMECO text alerts, send SUB to 76326 (SMECO) to subscribe to past-due notices. If you don’t already use our text service, you can text REG to 76326 (you may need your SMECO account number to register). Or log in to Account Manager, click Notification Preferences, and enroll in Past Due notifications with your e-mail address or mobile number.
Text Notifications (SMS):
Use SMECO’s text messaging service to report outages, receive power restoration updates, and request outage status updates with your phone. You can also pay your bill and receive billing, payment, and past-due notices. SMECO’s texting service is free, but standard message and data rates may apply through your cell phone carrier.
To sign up, simply text REG (for register) to 76326 (SMECO). You will then receive a text from SMECO that will ask for your account number or phone number, and your zip code. Once you’ve signed up, you will be able to send and receive SMECO-related texts.
To manage your electronic messages, go to Account Manager and click the Notification Preferences link on the dashboard.
SMECO Text Commands (SMS)
- REG: Register for SMECO 24/7 text service.
- SUB: Subscribe to additional text messaging services.
- BAL: Request the balance for your account.
- PAY: Pay your SMECO bill.
- PAUSE: Temporarily stop notifications.
- RESUME: Cancel PAUSE command and begin receiving notifications again.
- STOP: Cancel SMECO 24/7 notifications.
- NICK: Assign a nickname to your account.
- HELP: Receive a list of text commands for managing SMECO 24/7 messages.
- STAT: Receive an outage status for your registered accounts.
- OUT: Report an outage for your registered account.