Do you want to save energy and save money? The EmPOWER Maryland initiative aims to reduce energy consumption in the state each year. SMECO’s EmPOWER Maryland programs help customer-members save energy.
Check this page periodically for information about new programs and shop our online store to start saving now.
Rebates for Your Home:
- Rebates for Appliances
Smart Thermostat, Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater, and Pool Pump
- Appliance Recycling Rebates
- Rebates for Residential Heating and Cooling
- Save on Lighting
Make Your Home Energy Efficient:
- Smart Thermostat Program
- Limited Income Energy Efficiency Program
- ENERGY STAR® for New Homes
- Home Energy Improvement Program
- Complimentary Energy Efficiency Kit
Home owners can apply for a BeSMART Energy Efficiency Loan to finance the cost of energy efficiency improvements. BeSMART is an unsecured loan based on verification of credit and ability to pay. You can apply if you match the loan requirements below.
BeSMART Loan Eligibility Requirements
- Maryland homeowner
- Credit score of 640 or greater
- Debt to income ratio that does not exceed 50 percent
- Energy audit that identifies at 15 percent cost savings opportunities
Go Online to Grow Your Energy Savings:
Incentives for Your Business:
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.