SMECO’s Home Energy Reports web portal can provide you with detailed information about your home’s energy use and help you discover ways to save money and make your home more energy efficient.
The Home Energy Reports web portal is available to all residential SMECO customers (excluding net metered customers). To access the portal, all you have to do is create a password-protected login using your SMECO account number.
The portal will provide you with personalized information about your home’s energy use:
- A progress tracker will show you how your energy usage changes over time and across seasons
- A comparison to other similarly sized and equipped homes in your area
- A bill comparison allowing you to compare your current bill to the previous month and the same month from the previous year
- A home energy assessment tool to assist you in identifying the “load profile” of your home and specific actions you can take to reduce consumption
- Energy conservation tips based on your energy use patterns and the characteristics of your home
In addition to the web portal, a randomly selected group of SMECO customer-members will also receive Home Energy Reports in the mail every other month. These reports are condensed snapshots of the information found on the web portal. They compare your energy use to your neighbors’, show your energy use over time, and provide personalized tips.
To learn more about the information in SMECO’s Home Energy Reports, see our FAQ.