From playing their favorite video games to flipping the switch to turn off the lights when leaving a room, kids use energy all the time. SMECO’s Everyday Energy teaches students in fifth grade about the benefits of smart energy use, so they can help save energy at home and at school.
The SMECO Everyday Energy School curriculum will be launching for enrolled fifth-grade classes for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Offers flexibility with weeklong lessons
- Applies STEM Standards of Practice and standards from Maryland’s math, science, and English language arts
- Fits easily into the academic school year
- Turn-key lesson plans
- Customizable activities
- Additional online resources
- Student worksheets
- Complimentary energy-efficient items for your school
When your school participates, teachers and students get a $25 coupon to the SMECO Online Store, so their families can update their homes with energy-efficient products like LED bulbs, smart power strips, smart thermostats, and more!
For more information about SMECO’s Everyday Energy program for students, email schools@SMECO.coop or call 877-818-4094.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.