Business Solutions for 2021
As of December 15, 2020, SMECO’s EmPOWER Maryland Programs are awaiting renewal by the Maryland Public Service Commission (PSC). Until funding is approved for 2021, no applications submitted after December 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. will be processed. All applications received after this date will be held for processing until after the PSC approves funding.
The Small Business Solutions Program offers incentives for qualifying energy-efficient equipment upgrades like lighting, refrigeration, and smart thermostat retrofit projects to all SMECO commercial customers with a monthly demand of 60 kW or less over a 12-month period. So whether you own a convenience store, serve at a place of worship, or run a small family business, you can reduce your energy costs while enhancing workplace comfort.
You'll also see a fast return on investment, thanks to financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent of retrofit project costs. Plus, you also have the ability to spread your 20 percent cost of qualifying projects over 12 monthly payments through a no-interest SMECO Small Business Advance. To learn more about Small Business Advance, download the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Energy-efficient technologies reduce your energy use and costs.
- Retrofits offer a quick return on your investment.
- Energy-efficient equipment streamlines operations and can boost workplace productivity and employee comfort.
- Comprehensive on-site energy analysis and recommendations to improve your overall efficiency.
- Up to 80 percent savings on installation or project cost for most upgrades—plus some related expenses.
- Approved contractors make upgrading easy.
- Removal and environmentally responsible disposal of fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
Small Business HVAC Tune-up Incentives:
Improve the energy efficiency of your HVAC unit (direct-expansion rooftop units and split systems).
Your HVAC Tune-up can:
- Extend the life of existing HVAC equipment.
- Reduce maintenance costs.
- Increase occupant comfort and safety.
- Help prevent system failure during cold and hot months.
To get a HVAC Tune-up for your small business, at no additional cost, contact Chesapeake Energy to get started today.
Upgrade to qualifying energy-efficient equipment, like:
- Interior lighting
- Exterior LED lighting
- Lighting controls
- Refrigeration controls and other cooling-related technologies, like freezer and refrigeration cases.
Contact National Resource Management to get started today.
Smart Thermostat Incentives:
You can receive a Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostat, a Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat and professional installation - a $269 value - for just $69! See the Smart Thermostat factsheet for more information.
To get a smart thermostat installed for your small business, contact Chesapeake Energy to get started today.
Is My Business Eligible?
Look at your most recent bill and check your monthly kW demand. If your monthly demand is 60kW or less, your business likely qualifies. See an example bill
Beginning April 1, 2018, all incentive payments for Business Solutions program participants will be made electronically or via bill credit.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.