If your facility is greater than 75,000 square feet with complex heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, controlled by an energy management system with comprehensive direct digital control, you may be eligible for SMECO’s Large Building Tune-up Services.
SMECO’s Large Building Tune-up Services are designed for large industrial and commercial electric customers, and program incentives cover up to 75% of the cost of Large Building Tune-up Services with a cap of $30,000 per project. Customers must be willing to match the incentive received, up to $30,000, for Large Building Tune-up Services measures identified with an estimated simple payback of fewer than 1.5 years.
Additionally, up to $5,000 (per project) is available for projects participating in the Large Building Tune-up Program for additional equipment-level metering installed to baseline the equipment before and after the tune-up to verify savings. Project pre-approval is required.
Please review the Terms and Conditions for online applications.
SMECO’s Large Building Tune-up Services typically include:
- Engineering studies to identify energy savings available through building tune-up services
- HVAC calibrations
- Diagnostic and function tests of major systems and equipment
- Air and water systems balancing
- Calibration of energy management systems and controls
- Building tune-ups and education
To Complete a Large Building Tune-up or Not?
Large Building Tune-up Services may be a good option if a facility has:
- Unexplained high energy use
- Persistent equipment operation problems or failures
- Excessive occupant complaints about comfort
Large Building Tune-up is not appropriate when:
- Most of the equipment and systems are either outdated or at the end of their service lives.
- Significant system design problems exist.
- Major equipment malfunctions are extensive enough that equipment replacement is the best remedy.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call 1-866-235-6044.
Large Building Tune-up Service Providers:
To assist customers in performing Large Building Tune-up Services, SMECO has a list of approved Building Tune-up Service Providers. If a customer wishes to use a service provider that is not a registered Large Building Tune-up Service Provider, the Service Provider can apply to be registered.
Your Building Tune-up Service Provider will assist you in completing and submitting the Large Building Tune-up Services Application. In reviewing program applications, SMECO will select projects that meet program eligibility and criteria for cost-effectiveness, energy savings and verifiability.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.