Save up to 75 percent on the cost of energy efficiency services. Get a fast return on your investment—often in less than two years— and enhance your building’s comfort and indoor air quality.
The SMECO Building Tune-up Program offers financial incentives to identify and implement relatively low-cost operational and maintenance improvements to existing buildings. The building tune-up process monitors, troubleshoots and adjusts electrical, mechanical and control systems to optimize energy performance. The financial incentives cover up to 75% of service costs, with a per-project cap of $15,000 for small buildings or $30,000 for large buildings
Benefits of Participating:
Building Tune-up Services help ensure that building equipment and systems are integrated so they perform together effectively and efficiently to meet your current operating requirements and expectations. This yields a number of benefits for your business:
- Returning equipment to its proper operational state and optimizing performance.
- Extending equipment service life while reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Improving your building’s comfort and indoor air quality.
- Adjusting and correcting equipment operating schedules.
Over time, commercial buildings and industrial processes frequently undergo operational changes that can hinder optimal energy performance. Today’s systems are highly interactive, increasing the need for proper integration.
SMECO’s Building Tune-up Program offers the following specialized services:
- Enhanced Unitary HVAC Maintenance, for direct-expansion rooftop units and split systems.
- Small Building Tune-up Services, for facilities less than 75,000 square feet.
- Large Building Tune-up Services, for facilities more than 75,000 square feet.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.