Appliances help you keep your home running smoothly. But they also use a lot of energy. To help you save energy and save money, SMECO offers $50–$500 rebates when you purchase select ENERGY STAR® certified appliances.
Getting your rebate is easy!
- Review the program terms and conditions listed in the applicable rebate forms below.
- Buy a qualified appliance from any Maryland retailer (or participating contractor for hybrid heat pump water heaters and pool pumps). You can also browse our online store to find appliances that qualify for rebates and to shop for discounted light bulbs and other energy-saving products.
- Either submit your rebate online or print, complete, and then mail in the rebate form with the product’s proof of purchase (or if you have purchased a hybrid heat pump water heater or pool pump through a participating contractor they can electronically submit the rebate on your behalf). See rebate forms for eligibility requirements.
A new household appliance is a big investment. Learn more about important product safety information and potential recalls prior to making your purchase.
Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater - $500 Rebate
Get a $500 rebate on select ENERGY STAR® certified electric hybrid heat pump water heaters. Qualifying models that hold 55 gallons or less must have an energy factor of 2.0 or higher, while units larger than 55 gallons must have an energy factor of 2.2 or above.
Two Ways to Get Your Rebate
Clothes Washer - $75-$100 Rebate
In the link above, models listed as Tier 2 on the first page qualify for the $75 rebate.
In the link above, models listed as Tier 3 on the second page qualify for the $100 rebate.
Electric Clothes Dryer - $50 Rebate
Get a $50 rebate when you purchase an ENERGY STAR® certified electric clothes dryer.
Refrigerator - $100-$150 Rebate
In the link above, all models listed as Tier 2 on the first page qualify for the $100 rebate.
In the link above, all models listed as Tier 3 on the second page qualify for the $150 rebate.
Refrigerators must be larger than 10 cubic feet to qualify for a rebate.
Pool Pumps - $150-$400 Rebate
In the link above, click on “Multi-speed” in the left toolbar to find models eligible for the $150 rebate.
In the link above, click on “Variable-speed” in the left toolbar to find models eligible for the $400 rebate.
(Note that single-speed pool pumps are not eligible for rebates.)
Two Ways to Get Your Rebate
Special Information for Renters and Landlords: Learn how to participate.
Why Choose ENERGY STAR Appliances?
- ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers use about 20% less energy and 35% less water than regular washers.
- ENERGY STAR certified dryers use about 20% less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. They do this using innovative energy saving technologies, such as moisture sensors that detect when clothes are dry and automatically shut the dryer off.
- ENERGY STAR certified hybrid water heaters can save the average household almost $300 per year in energy costs compared to a standard electric water heater.
- ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps use 70% less energy than standard pool pumps and on average can save you over $300 per year.
Source: ENERGY STAR
Energy cost savings are estimates only and may vary by usage and current rates. Check out your potential savings with ENERGY STAR’s Appliance Savings Calculator.EmPOWER Maryland.