volume 65 - issue 11 - november 2015
Exercise more control over your electric bill
The best way to save energy is to understand how you use it. SMECO provides a Home Energy Reports web portal that can provide you with detailed information about your home's energy use to help you discover ways to save energy and save money and make your home more energy efficient.
The web portal is open to all residential SMECO customers (excluding net metered customers) and includes many features that offer personalized information about your home's energy use.
• A progress tracker will show how your energy usage changes over time.
• A comparison to other similarly sized and equipped homes in your area.
• A bill comparison that allows you to compare your current bill to the previous month and the same month from the previous year.
• A home energy assessment tool that will help you identify the "load profile" of your home and specific actions that can be taken to reduce consumption.
• Energy conservation tips based on your energy use patterns and specific information about your home.
It's easy to use, all you need to do to access the portal is create a password-protected login using your SMECO account number. Learn more