SMECO offers numerous options for you to pay your bill.
- AutoPay is a convenient way to have your SMECO bill paid automatically from your checking account or credit card.
- Use our Account Manager to view and pay your SMECO bill online. Pay with your checking account or your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Use your smart phone. You can text us or download our free SMECO 24/7 mobile app.
- Our online payment sites require cookies. If you do not have cookies enabled in your browser, you can make a one-time payment on your SMECO account.
- Accounts that have a past-due balance cannot be paid online. Speak to a SMECO Contact Center Representative to make a payment. We're open 24 hours a day at 1-888-440-3311.
Pay by Phone:
- Use a check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. You can also check your account balance and date of your last payment, free of charge. Direct Pay is available 24/7. Just call 1-866-528-7757.
Pay By Mail:
Mail bill payments to:
P.O. Box 62261
Baltimore, MD 21264-2261
Pay in Person
- Offices are open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Pay your SMECO electric bill at any Walmart with an additional fee as low as 88 cents. Just take a copy of your bill to any Walmart MoneyCenter or Customer Service Desk. You can pay in cash or with a PIN debit card (no checks or credit cards).
Global Express is not accepting bill payments at this time. When the company’s bill payment services are again available, we will update this notice.
Alternate Payment Plans:
- A customer who is unable to pay for electric service in accordance with SMECO’s billing practices may, under certain circumstances, negotiate an alternate payment plan. The alternate payment plan will take into account the customer’s circumstances, financial condition, and payment history. Arrangements for alternate payment plans can be made in Account Manager, in person, or over the telephone (1-888-440-3311). Payment arrangements must be made before the termination date.
- The plan negotiated will be noted on the customer’s account record at SMECO. If the customer fails to meet the obligations agreed upon, SMECO may initiate turn-off procedures without further notice for a past-due balance.
Need Help Paying Your Past-Due Energy Bill?
Contact your local Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) to see if you qualify for assistance.
Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
805 Brightseat Road, Landover
This Energy Assistance card (PDF) lists the OHEP’s phone numbers, as well as the numbers of other agencies that offer assistance.
SMECO’s Patriot Connect program is designed to help veterans and active military personnel who may be having a difficult time transitioning back into the community.